Single Tooth Dental Implant – Worcester, MA
The Best Form of Tooth Replacement Available
If you have a tooth missing, there is no better way to have it replaced than with a single tooth dental implant. By being proactive and contacting us at our Worcester office, you can have your missing tooth completely restored. Not only will you gain a fully functional and attractive smile, but you’ll also be preventing the surrounding teeth from shifting, which could cause bite issues. Furthermore, once we surgically insert a titanium implant into your jawbone, you won’t have to worry about the bone bed diminishing. To get on the road to a fully functional smile, contact us today to request a visit!
Your Options for Single Tooth Replacement
There are two routes you can take for replacing a single tooth. The following outlines what your options are:
- Fixed Bridge – A fixed bridge, which is also referred to as a crown and bridge tooth replacement, consists of a single porcelain prosthetic (crown) that attaches to the surrounding healthy teeth. or the procedure to be completed, the adjacent teeth have to be prepared by a thin layer of material being removed so they can be capped with new crowns. They will serve as supports for the replacement tooth, which will be secured by being permanently bonded into position.
- Single Tooth Implant – For patients who’ve suffered severe jawbone loss, a fixed bridge may be the best option, as it rests above the gum line. However, if you have adequate jawbone mass and healthy surrounding teeth and gums, then we can place a dental implant from start-to-finish. After numbing the treatment site, we’ll gain access to your jawbone and place the titanium post. After you’ve sufficiently healed and the implant has fused with your jawbone, we’ll invite you back to our office so we can add an abutment. It will allow us to securely attach a final prosthetic.
The Benefits of an Implant-Supported Single Tooth Replacement
While the other option for replacing a single tooth is certainly effective, there is no comparison to the advantages you stand to gain from receiving an implant-supported restoration. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- By being attached beneath the gum line, implant-retained teeth create a natural-looking smile.
- With dental implants in Worcester, you can gain up to 75% of your original chewing power, which means you can once again eat many of the foods you love.
- Implant-supported teeth are completely self-sufficient, so you won’t have to worry about having your surrounding teeth altered in any fashion.
- With proper care, which includes brushing and flossing at least two times a day, monitoring what you eat and visiting us semi-annually for cleanings and checkups, your implant can last up to a lifetime.
We’re Here for You
Each of your teeth plays an important role in your oral function. When even one is missing for more than 12 months, there is a chance of a domino effect of unwanted events. We’re here to help mitigate that. With an in-house dentist who can perform every step of the dental implant procedure, you can have the peace-of-mind of knowing that your tooth can be fully restored under one roof. If you’re ready to have that nagging gap filled, then contact us today to request a visit with your dentist in Worcester!